Cub Tracker 2.5 has just been released. There are a couple of new features.
The first is a simple user interface change. In previous version, to change pages, you had to swipe left and right. Sometimes, though, it would be easier or more convenient just to tap the tab you want. Version 2.5 adds that support, allowing you to change pages by tapping on the title bar. It’s a small, simple change, but one I’ve found useful.
The bigger change is that scouts are now grouped on the scouts page in the same expandable/collapsible groups that are seen on the other pages (achievements, electives, etc). This should make it easier for those dealing with scouts in multiple ranks, especially as the number of scouts grows. I’m managing 2 dens, with 14 and 19 boys respectively. That’s a lot of scouts! :) With this change, the scout listing is much easier to manage and read.
I’ve also made a couple of smaller changes under the hood that should help improve the stability of the application. Given the variety of devices this runs on, it’s a pretty tough task, but I keep reading the error reports and making changes when I can identify the source of the crashes. Hopefully, this will solve the bulk of the issues.
With 2.5 out the door, I’ve started work on 2.6, which will include the long-awaited scout-specific reporting (see this comment, for example). Surprisingly, that work is mostly done, but I’ll likely sit on it for a few days to make sure no other issues or ideas for improvement come up.
If you have any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact. I do read the reviews on the Play Store, clearly, but interaction there is hard, so an email will get a faster, better response. As always, thanks for your support!